I think that this finally brings the 2009 New Year celebrations to an end.
It is time to really get 2009 started properly now. One way to help one focus on goals is to make those goals public, so here goes:
- Increase product development significantly (by rearranging priorities),
- Develop at least three major products/updates for Goodsol Development (for Windows and Mac),
- Release three more projects that have been in development (for several years) internally,
- Establish baseline marketing and measurement techniques (on which to build), and
- Move business operations toward a paperless office environment.
Yes, these five goals are quite ambitious but also realistically attainable. One major release every two months (on average) will keep us very busy, but the roadmap for these is already established. Our development projects are all very different and should be enlightening. The Goodsol projects are building on the technological improvements of last year. Finally, the marketing and business plans have internal support and should, ultimately, improve operational efficiency.
By the way, we could still use a few more beta testers for the upcoming version of Pretty Good Solitaire Mac Edition. Anyone interested can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will forward your information.
On the personal side, I will keep my exact goals to myself, but I have been playing competitive soccer and am pleased to be back ice racing again this year. I am currently second in points (in class A1) after having a disappointing day in which I suffered not one, but two DNFs (Did Not Finish) due to peeling tires off of the wheels. It has been a nearly perfect year for ice, so I will be repaired and back up in Chippewa Lake this coming weekend for eight more exciting races.
More ice racing pictures should be forthcoming.